Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 43 of Intensified Consolidation

We are done with the ARAC shots and the Mercap pills for now!  Sadie danced around the room singing no more pokes!

Yesterday, (day 43 of Intensified Consolidation), Sadie was given Pegaspargase shots in both legs, and Vincristine in her port.  Her hemoglobin is low.  As of Tuesday it was 7.1, which means she needs another blood transfusion.  This same thing happened in December.  She needs a transfusion, but Pegaspargase, and blood are both highly reactive, so they can't be given on the same day.  We'll be back in the clinic on Friday for her transfusion.  I'm a little worried about how low her hemoglobin will get by Friday.  She already looks very pale, but seems to be feeling fine.  For someone who's hemoglobin is low enough to need a transfusion, she sure has energy! 

Here's the pictures Dave took in the hospital yesterday:
 Happy Valentine's Day!

All the nurses that came in to give Sadie her shots gave her suckers. Notice 3 suckers sticking out of her mouth... Spoon full of sugar?

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I'm just on your blog this afternoon getting myself all caught up on little Sadie. She sure is a trooper and so dang cute (I LOVE her hat in the Valentine picture. I want one!) I'm amazed by every single person in your family. Thinking about you guys and always prayin' for you!