Before:
After:
Isn't she adorable! I think her blue eyes and big smile pop even more now.
This past week has been a rough one. Her mouth and throat sores have really been bothering her, so she hasn't been eating much. Green smoothies, drinkable yogurts and vanilla ice cream is about it. And she hasn't been sleeping well.
The last two nights she's been waking up often screaming and gagging because there's hair in her mouth. Because of the sores, I don't dare stick my finger in her mouth to get it out, and the blonde color makes them really hard to see. It's been very frustrating. I mean, who likes to have a mouthful of hair right? She's been losing it more rapidly lately. I find it all over her blankets and clothes and inside her hats. At night, she still uses binkies to sleep. I think what's been happening is her binkies would fall out, collect hair from her pillow and blankets and then when she put them back in, she wound up with a mouthful of hair. Yuck!
So today, we bit the bullet. We buzzed it all off. (After three nights of restless sleep, both Sadie and I were very motivated and ready.) "No more hair in your mouth!" It went incredibly well. Sadie had a great attitude. I talked to the boys first...told them they needed to make it a happy and exciting thing, not a scarey or sad thing because Sadie would watch how they reacted. They were so cute with her. Afterwards, I bathed her and when she first saw herself in the mirror, she said, "I'm a baby!" and smiled. Then she cuddled into my shoulder and I rocked her and sang Rock-a-bye Baby. She loved it. She is my baby.



4 comments:
What a BEAUTIFUL little girl! I couldn't agree more-- Sadie's beautiful eyes and gorgeous smile stand out even more. Sure love that little girl!
Awe--she looks like she has cancer! Oh, wait...
I debated leaving that comment for two days.
She looks adorable! I love her "I am a baby" comment. Too cute!
She has the sweetest little face! I have to tell you that I worked last weekend and one of my favorite onc nurses was on. I asked her if she has taken care of you guys and she said yes, that your one of her favorites (of course, you are the nicest!). And then she said that in all her years of onc nursing, Sadie is just the best at dealing with all the rigamarole of the hospital. It reminded me of what you said about her being blessed to happily go through all that she has to go through. Take care!
This just made my day. Enjoy your baby!
Post a Comment