Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday's Post

Heart Broken

The story: So many of you know Dave coaches wrestling at the high school. Once in a while Dave will take the boys with him just for fun (and hey, Mom's not going to complain!) Thursday we had the cousins over to play, while Will and Cassie did some Christmas shopping. But time came that Dave had to go to wrestling practice so he took Wyatt and Clare with him to meet Will there. Of course Evan got to go along, but poor little Andrew! We just didn't have enough carseats for him to go along too. Talk about rejected! Of our two boys, Andrew is the one who loves wrestling the most too! I think the photo explains his grief. Mom could NOT console him so he's talking to Dave who is promising to take just Andrew next time for some good one-on-one time.



The Finished Product
.
When we were buying the candy, I kept telling Evan the candy corns were Halloween candy, but he really wanted them so we got them anyway. Little did I know what he had in mind....he turned them into icicles! What do I know!! He's such a creative kid. (You should hear him beat-box sometime!)

It may not look like it, but yes, Dave is having fun!


Building our gingerbread house.....it didn't make it until Christmas. I'm such a candy freak, and my boys take after me.



Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Anyone remember the abominable snow monster from Frosty the Snowman?? Andrew doesn't want to remember it. Am I a bad parent? I thought it was cute.

3 comments:

Amberlee said...

Oh! that first picture of Andrew! It breaks my heart! I just want to give him a hug!

Cassie said...

Poor Andrew! Thanks again for taking the kids for us. We owe you...and Andrew. I also love the picture of Andrew watching Rudolph, terrified. Nice post!

Cher said...

That picture is soooo sad but cute:) I'm a sucker for candy too, we made a gingerbread house awhile ago and it was gone in days, oops! That picture is so funny of Andrew covering his face. I remember doing that when I was little and I turned out okay (I think) so you aren't a bad parent:) Merry Christmas!!